Soon it`s Valentine`s Day and I want to show you how to put utterly cute amigurumi hearts on a stick. The same method works for adding a stick to any amigurumi animal head or motif. The important thing is that the piece is worked from top down, because we want to add the stick just before finishing.
Now, let`s go to the project! First you need a heart pattern. You can use my free heart pattern or find any other on the internet. Work the pattern just as it`s written until the very last round.
For adding a stick you`ll need:
- small button (approx 1 cm / 0.5 inches Ø)
- barbecue stick (cut in the desired length)
- hot glue gun
1. Put some hot blue onto the button and quickly add the wooden stick. Let it dry about 5-10 minutes.
2. Insert the button into the unfinished heart. My hole was too big, so I added the stick when I had 3 last stitches (decreases) of the last round to go.
3. Work the remaining stitches (or the entire last round) around the stick. As you can see it`s still not tightly enough around the stick.
4. With a threaded needle weave the yarn through the front loops of all stitches on the last round. Pull tightly around the stick. Fasten off and weave in yarn end.
Voila! It`s ready!