This video tutorial is about how to brush amigurumi.
Did you know woolen amigurumi parts can be brushed to create a fluffy hairy look?
This is done using a pet brush you can buy in a pet store. The technique is pretty simple but enables to create really lifelike animals, or simply add some effect to your amigurumis.
YOU WILL NEED
- a pet brush
- an amigurumi part made with wool, merino, or acrylic
HOW IT WORKS
- Start brushing at the top of the piece, and slowly move down as the work progresses.
- Use short movements and a reasonable amount of force when working. It will take about 10 strokes for the fluff to start to come up.
- The more you brush, the fluffier it gets.
- You can later trim the fluff with scissors and give it your desired shape.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Because of the extreme hairy texture, fluffy amigurumi doesn`t suit babies!
And now, let`s get into the video to learn how to brush amigurumi. As always, I´ve tried to make as quick and effective tutorial as I can, so you will easily get the idea of how it works. This time, only in 3 minutes!