I am truly excited about how many of you want to participate in the Treasure the Teddy crochet challenge. I feel so grateful! Some have asked how exactly it all works, so in this post I want to write about it in more detail, give you some inspiration and encouragement. I really want this crochet along to be fun and relaxing. Therefor the terms are flexible too (see below). It`s all about challenging ourselves, finding inspiration and making the ideas reality. I am happy if you want to join me on this journey.
As you can see I have already started my January teddy. It will be a mini bear, because I´m using Alize Cashmira and 2.5 mm crochet hook which is very rare to me. It will definitely be the smallest Treasure the Teddy I have ever made!
The color inspiration came from Estonian winter and everything that`s bond with it: snow, frost, coolness, wood, fireplace, calmness, tea, cozy blankets, candles, expectancy.
Here you`ll find some principles of the crochet along:
- “Treasure the Teddy” challenge lasts the entire 2019. The goal is to make one bear each month, so in the end of the year you will have a collection of 12 teddy bears.
- It`s not obligational to participate every month. You do as many bears as you want. Only then your collection will be smaller in the end of the year.
- My personal aim is to capture the nature of each season, therefor I will create an inspiration mood board for each month. You are welcome to use it, but if you prefer, you can choose any colors of your choice.
- You are free to choose any yarn you want for making the bears. In my pattern I have used Drops Nepal, but there are hundreds of other suitable yarns with different consistence and character. Enjoy the freedom to experiment!
- You need “Treasure the Teddy” pattern to participate in this crochet along. The pattern is available in English, Dutch, Danish and Estonian. You will be using the same pattern throughout the year. Until the end of January there is a 15% discount on this pattern only. Use coupon code: Treasure_cal2019
- There is no actual deadline, let`s just try to finish the bears in the current month. So January bears in January, February bears in February and so on.
- We`ll share the photos on Instagram. Please tag @lilleliis_official, add #lilleliispattern and #treasuretheteddy, so I can see your photos too. I´ll share some of them in my story`s too. If you`re not an Instagram user send photos to me on Facebook or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to leave a comment if you have any further questions.
Hoping to see some lovely teddy bears very soon!